We have 3 guests and no members online
ICA housing has released A Good Governance Charter for Housing Co-operatives. The Charter provides and explains 10 principoles:
1. We uphold the international co-operative principles.
2. We act with honesty and in good faith, placing the interests of the co-operative before all others.
3. We exercise care, skill and diligence in carrying out our duties.
4. We act fairly, making decisions without bias or favouritism.
5. We foster democracy within our co-operative.
6. We act transparently, in a spirit of openness and accountability to the membership.
7. We ensure that our co-operative fulfils its legal duties.
8. We provide for sound, accountable management of our co-operative.
9. We have a strategic focus, always looking ahead to our co-operative's future.
10. We plan for leadership succession and renewal.
At 8:30 p.m on 29 December ABC1 showed the first of four programs on the People's Supermarket in the UK. The programs were first broadcast on Channel 4 in the UK in early 2011. The People's Supermarket was established in May 2010. Is the People's Supermarket a food co-operative or is it something else?
On behalf of all States and Territories, on 8 November 2011 NSW Fair Trading invited submissions on reporting requirements for small co-operatives. Submissions closed on the 7 December 2011. Seven submissions were received from - NSW Department of Education and training, the Co-operative Federation of Victoria Ltd, the Australian Accounting Standards Board, Co-operatives WA, Mark Snell and the Sydney Live Steam Locomotive Society Co-operative Ltd.